If there is anyone that should be envied, it is people who tend to fall asleep immediately after lying down on their beds because let’s face, not all of us have that luxury. In fact, millions of people struggle with various sleep related problems worldwide. For such a common problem, it is really surprising that it isn’t talked about enough, especially given the implications of long-term sleep problems. People who do not get enough sleep or have issues sleeping, tend to have shorter lifespans than those who get enough sleep. Similarly, they are more vulnerable to illnesses, both physical and mental as well.
There are a lot of reasons behind why someone might have sleep related issues, we will be discussing and listing down a few of them below.
- First of all, people who suffer from long-term or chronic stress have a very high likelihood of being stressed out. This is why it is essential for them to learn how to better cope with their stress in order to get better sleep.
- Caffeine and sugar rich diets also tend to affect sleeping patterns. Similarly, a diet rich in processed food and excessive red meat consumption affects the quality of sleep that you get.
- A bad mattress or pillow can also affect how you fall asleep and the quality of sleep that you get, making you feel more tired and stiff after waking up rather than relaxed on refreshed.
- People who sleep at odd hours also tend to have issues sleeping because their body clock isn’t synced to one’s natural sleep cycle.
- People who have too much exposure to screen time before bed also have a high likelihood of having issues related to sleeping.
For tips on how to sleep better or what you can buy to ensure quality sleep, you should check out https://thesleepguide.org/ for more information.